The Amstel Electric Adjustable Split/Dividing Bed is a stunning traditional dark wood which fits perfectly into the contemporary Irish home. This bed is unique in Ireland and is part of Care to Comfort’s new range. We have found since we started our business, 10 years ago, that couples were unable to sleep in the same bed if one of them required assistance or care in the bed. For health and safety reasons the carers need to assist the person on both sides of the mattress. Therefore a standard electric adjustable bed did not suit. After a lot of research we sourced this bed and our customers are delighted with it.
There are other styles available in our Split/Dividing bed range. Please see the Category: Split/Dividing Bed Collection.
The Amstel bed comes in a King or Super King or Extra Large. The bed splits easily in two for nursing care access and then joins together again to allow couples to share a bed. There is also an option of having a Vertical Lift on one side or both sides. The Amstel Electric Adjustable Split/Dividing Bed has a choice of 20 different colours.
Maximum Weight Load : On a Standard Electric Adjustable Mechanism(28 Slats) is 120kg(18.9 stone),*extra weight capacity(up to 150 kg)(23 stone) is available at a premium price.
This bed comes with a Luxury Pocket Sprung Cool Foam Mattress named Dream Cloud.
- There are 320 springs per Square Metre.
- Approximately 600 springs per mattress.
- 7 zones of comfort
- The springs have cool foam on both sides (2 x 3cm) (so the Dream Cloud mattress can be rotated and flipped, which greatly increases its life’s span.)
- Good Ventilation.
- Anti Bacterial.
- Anti Fungal.
- Washable Cover with 4 sides zipper.
- Mattress Thickness : 20cm(8 inch).
*The option of an upgrade in choice of mattress, e.g. to Latex, is also available, at an additional cost.
This bed is also available with the option of a Vertical-Lift Mechanism (ideal for a carer) in either one side or both sides of a Dual Mechanism & Dual Mattress Bed.
The Vertical-Lift Mechanism can be fitted at a later date, if required at an additional cost.
Maximum weight load on the Vertical-Lift Mechanism is 140 kg(22 stone).
Care to Comfort’s regular Electric Mechanisms & Vertical-Lift Mechanisms are all manufactured in Germany.
Width: *160cm (5ft 3″)King, *180cm(6ft)Super King, *200cm(6ft 6″)Extra Large.
*comes as Dual Mechanism and Dual Mattress Electric Adjustable Bed, with separate(2) easy to use remotes(see below), for independent movement.
Length: 200cm (6ft 6″) (Standard). Option of Extra Length : 210cm(6ft 10″) , and 220cm(7ft 3″).
*all sizes in feet are approximate.
Amstel Split/Dividing Bed Overall Dimensions:
- Maximum width including headboard: + 8cm (3 inch).
- Maximum length: + 8cm (8 inch).
- Height(Floor up to top of side bar): 50cm (20 inch).
- Height of Headboard: 107cm (42inch).
- Height of Footboard : 70cm(28 inch)
- Sides depth : 29cm(11.5 inch).
- Sides thickness: 2.5cm(1 inch).
*all sizes in feet are approximate.
Terms & Conditions :
- Delivery is available nationwide and all of our beds are installed & assembled, by our own engineers, and set up completely Free of Charge.
- We will also take away your old bed, and mattress, if required.
- Care to Comfort offers it’s clients a Full 5 Year Guarantee.
- If this bed is being purchase for somebody with a medical issue, you may be able to receive a refund for any VAT charged, please see VAT refund page for more information:(VAT Form 61A).
- Electric Adjustable Beds are considered a medical device and subject to circumstances may be applicable for income tax credits. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Care to Comfort have partnered with Capital Credit Union to provide our customers with quick and affordable finance options. To apply for a CU Smart Pay loan please visit their website.