Did you know over 60% of adults have trouble sleeping a few nights a week or more? Our busy days can be so intense and thought-provoking that they can lead to sleepless nights. But being productive during the day is dependent on a good night’s rest. Besides feeling exhausted, there are other effects of not getting enough sleep:
• Decreased Performance and Alertness – Sleep deprivation reduces your alertness and leads to poor performance. Reducing your sleep by as little as 1½ hours for a single night could result in a reduction of daytime alertness by as much as 32%.
• Memory and Cognitive Impairment – Decreased alertness and excessive daytime sleepiness hinder your memory function along with your ability to think and process information.
On the other hand, getting a great night’s rest has major benefits:
• Learning and Memory – Sleep encourages your brain to commit new information to memory.
• Metabolism and Weight – Irregular sleep may cause weight gain, by affecting the way our bodies handle carbohydrates and altering hormone levels related to appetite.
• Mood – Sleep loss has been known to result in more than just an inability to concentrate. It also leads to impatience and mood swings.
• Heart Health – Several serious sleep disorders are associated with hypertension, higher stress levels and irregular heartbeat.
• Immune Health – Lack of sleep weakens your body’s immune function.
• Safety – The tendency to fall asleep during the daytime can have consequences such as traffic accidents
Stop tossing and turning in a flat bed to get more comfortable. Adjustable beds adversely compensate to you, every vertical adjustment designed to take your comfort to new heights.
Adjust your life, get the info you need and find the right adjustable bed for you!
We are an Irish Company and supply beds with all the functions of a clinical hospital bed but look like a regular bed. Please come and see
us in our showroom in Sandyford