Tips to ensure a good night sleep:
• Say no to your afternoon coffee. Caffeine can excite the nervous system, interrupting sleep cycles especially if consumed after 4pm.
• Once the sun has set, dim all artificial sources of light. Do not use computers or phones 1 hour prior to sleep to avoid interfering with melatonin production.
• Avoid liquids 1-2 hours before bed.
• If anxiety or a restless mind is a concern, sip chamomile tea 2 hours prior to induce calm.
• Take a hot bath/shower 1-2 hours before bed. The temperature drop signals to your body its time for sleep.
• Sniff lavender in bed to bring on sleepiness.
• Take 10-20 large diaphragmatic breaths to unwind.
• Keep the alarm clock out of sight so you aren’t constantly checking it.
• Keep a pen and paper next to your bed in case you remember something you MUST jot down. This saves you getting up or using your brightly lit phone, and saves you the worry of remembering whatever it is in your sleepy state.
• Sleep in total darkness.
Source: The Inertia
We hope you’ve found this information helpful in choosing the prefect mattress for you.